cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Is it better to check-in the July Repost ENS 10.6.1 bundle or individual items in software manager

Jump to solution

The McAfee ePO software manager is showing the new July Repost of EndPoint 10.6.1. It shows the individual packages and also an item called McAfee EndPoint Security bundle. Which method is better, in the software manager, for checking in these items? Is it better to update each individual items (the ones in red) or do the whole bundle? Just trying to avoid any issues.

Also, we have ENS checked in with the May Update patch (hotfix). Can we leave the hotfix in place or do we need to remove this hotfix before installing the July repost? My memories what to say that I had read people have issues when an older hotfix was in their repository. Below are the images from the software manager and also what we already have in the repository. 

Also we have all our managed systems running with the May Update. Since the July Repost is a full installer then is it OK to leave all our systems on May patch. It is easier to deploy a patch that a full installer, will there be a July patch?

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 10.47.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-15 at 10.49.40 AM.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Is it better to check-in the July Repost ENS 10.6.1 bundle or individual items in software manag

Jump to solution
Check in the bundle. ENS is picky about the order of things being checked in.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Is it better to check-in the July Repost ENS 10.6.1 bundle or individual items in software manag

Jump to solution
Check in the bundle. ENS is picky about the order of things being checked in.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community