Hello all, I found this problem in production and I was able to simulate it on a lab VM (EPO 5.3.1).
I checked in a package by mistake "File and Removable Media Protection 5.0". When I removed it, an EPO server task that was created became invalid, Conduit Platform Health Check (see screen shot below).
I tried to check it back in and disable the EPO Server task before deleting the product, but it still switches to an invalid state when I remove the package.
With the product checked in, it won't let me delete the task either. The Task shows as below.
- Perform a Application and SQL backup (VM ware snapshot in my case)
- Stop EPO application services
- Edit the table "dbo.OrionSchedulerTaskMT"
- Delete the invalid server task ID
- Restart EPO services
- Check Server Task Logs screen
The above steps broke other Server Tasks, forcing some to also be invalid. So don't do this
Before I open a case, I wanted to check if anyone has had experience with this or other invalid EPO server tasks and found a solution.