cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent drop in Agent to ePO communication servers that use Agent handler to communicate.

Hello All,

We have 16k and plus servers pointing to one Agent Handler and One ePO, we have also another 6k servers pointing directly to ePO.  We are seeing intermittent Agent to server communication  issue on those servers that use AH for communication. How many servers AH handler can process agent request at any given time. I know, it suppose to handle 50 K according to the KB. 

2 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Intermittent drop in Agent to ePO communication servers that use Agent handler to communicate.

what is the error message it fails with? server busy?

ePO/AH server can accept 245 concurrent connections.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB80060

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Intermittent drop in Agent to ePO communication servers that use Agent handler to communicate.

You would really need to look at the masvc log on the client and server log on agent handler and epo server to see what the communication failures may be caused from. I have seen one epo server manage 200k systems without an agent handler - it is all relative to other variables. 1. Resources of the epo and sql servers 2. agent - server communication interval - if too frequent, it an cause server busy issues. 3. client task frequency - how often do they run and hit the repository? 4. use of distributed repositories rather than using epo as main repository can reduce connections 5. if using user based policies, is database mirroring enabled in server settings? This is not sql db mirroring, but it caches the ldap lookups in the database so that there are less frequent ldap lookups. There are also many other factors that affect communication, so your server should be able to handle 22k systems, unless it is severely underpowered and/or sql is also under-resourced. I can't give you any direct cause for your issues without seeing logs from server and client for same time frame of communication attempt.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community