cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing new ENS versions with older versions of Windows 10

Hello, Two questions really if anyone can help? I'm trying to push out ENS 10.6.1 as we'll soon be upgrading the majority of our machines to Win 10 1809. However, we still have some older versions, 1703 and below, which 10.6.1 is not compatible with. If I set the current deployment to be 10.6.1 and a 1803 machine picked up the job, should it try to install the incompatible product, or just skip the installation and stay on 10.6.0? I suspect and hope the latter! However, I do have some 1703 machines which have installed 10.6.1 and now I get a Windows 'you are not protected' prompt. I've pushed a couple of jobs out via ePO - one to uninstall 10.6.1, and one to install 10.6.0. The uninstall has completed happily, but now it's failing to install 10.6.0 again, even after running the Product Removal Tool locally. Any ideas? Thanks!
1 Reply
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Installing new ENS versions with older versions of Windows 10

If I set the current deployment to be 10.6.1 and a 1803 machine picked up the job, should it try to install the incompatible product, or just skip the installation and stay on 10.6.0?

Stay on 10.6.0 - never install an incompatible product

The uninstall has completed happily, but now it's failing to install 10.6.0 again, even after running the Product Removal Tool locally. Any ideas?

Run the removal tool to remove all products, then reboot - you may want to ensure all the McAfee directories, drivers, etc are all removed.  It may take a couple of times running it.  With an incompatible OS, there could be issues removing the product and with ENS, there are definite possible syscore problems, which would cause subsequent reinstalls to fail if all remnants are not removed.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community