alexn
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 18

Re: Installing ePO 5. Failure.

POsiTive.

Alexn,

So I installed SQL 2012 Express. I made it to the the part where you manually configure it. And again I get the "Setup was unable to to access the SQL UDP port 1434 on the specfied SQL server. Setup requires such access to retrieve the TCP port assignment information from the SQL server". So I went back to the SQL Server Configuration Manager, and checked settings. I found that TCP/IP was disabled under Server Network Configuration. I Enabled it.

It worked.

Now, I am on HTTP Port Information and it lists a bunch of ports. I try to hit Next but it gives me the error "The Agent-to-server port number is already in use by another service". The port is 80. What port should I change it to?

Thanks,

Wes

akill
Level 9
Message 13 of 18

I always use the port 90

Highlighted

Is it normal to have this message? Wouldn't port 80 always be in use? HTTP? Does it matter if I just use port 90? It won't affect anything negatively?

Thanks,

Wes

Ok,

So i have installed it using port 90. Can I use this software on an intranet? Can I import updates and use the software to distribute it?

I have an intranet consisting of a handful of servers, and <50 PCs. I need to push out updates to our McAfee products.

Thanks,

Wes

alexn
Level 14
Message 16 of 18

Sorry Wes for late reply.

Good to know you have installed it. Port 81 is also good but because you use 90 no issue with it as well.

Now you can push agents to your systems install Virus scan enterprise and set policies.

alexn
Level 14
Message 17 of 18

I will suggest you configure a LDAP server and then Run a Active directory sync task. it will bring up all systems in your Domain.After it you can creat product deployment task and push the agents to 50 systems at once as well.

I might be a bit late on this but I turned off my installed Anti Virus and it worked that way.

Phil

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community