cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soviatt
Level 7

Installing HIPS P2 - Must I uninstall P1?

Jump to solution

ePO 4.6.4

HIPS P1 Version 8.0.0.1919

I've got over 1200 machines running this version of HIPS. When I attempt to apply the P2 patch via ePO, the installation fails 100% of the time. I'm using  Run Client Task > Product Deployment to push out the updates. I tried recreating a new task with the same results. I read in the Product Guide that I need to disable HIPS first so I created a policy for that and pushed it out but I still fail. There are no apparent failure codes or reasons given - just FAILURE. I figured out that I must uninstall HIPS first. On a "clean" machine with no HIPS installed I have no problems or when I uninstall HIPS first - then I can deploy with no problems.

I just spent 8 months on a careful rollout of P1. I am not about to do that again by uninstalling and reinstalling to every station. What a complete waste of my effort. Is there anything at all in P2 that would make this ridiculous joke of an update worth the trouble?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pierce
Level 13

Re: Installing HIPS P2 - Must I uninstall P1?

Jump to solution

This is a patch file, not an install. Create a product update task and tick 'HIPS' then send this to your machine (its the option under product deployment from the middle box).

This will then patch your HIPs from P1 to P2.

Note that I have stopped this patching due to issues in testing, so make sure you test this in your environment before pushing to all your machines!

thanks,

Pierce

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pierce
Level 13

Jump to solution

This is a patch file, not an install. Create a product update task and tick 'HIPS' then send this to your machine (its the option under product deployment from the middle box).

This will then patch your HIPs from P1 to P2.

Note that I have stopped this patching due to issues in testing, so make sure you test this in your environment before pushing to all your machines!

thanks,

Pierce

0 Kudos
soviatt
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, this does work a lot better! Thank you.

0 Kudos
pierce
Level 13

Jump to solution

No Problem!

Also if you start checking stuff into the eval branch you would need to update the agent policy to say pull from eval and not current to patch. Thats caught me out a few times and left me scratching my head!

0 Kudos