cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Installed new EPO, Does the license from the old one still apply?

Jump to solution
The old EPO (5.1.3) is currently managing Antivirus for about 320 Devices on our site, We bought a new version (5.10) with 50 licenses to cover some new systems with server 2016 installed. Is it possible to move the older systems to the new EPO or do we need to keep both running? The plan is to keep adding to the new and deleting from the old until everything is up to date. But it would be better if we only had to manage one EPO server. Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Installed new EPO, Does the license from the old one still apply?

Jump to solution

Hi @User97718302,

Thank you for your post. As far as I know, there is no hard enforcement to licenses in use from ePO and hence you may manage any number of endpoints using the new license form the new ePO provided you have purchased the necessary count already.

However, I would recommend having a word with the Customer care team to see if you can join your Grant# and get a single Product key to be applied to your ePO. I may not have a concrete answer since this question would be more in to Customer care part and from technical Support, I may not be able to answer you precisely on this as this would fall more into a licensing concern than a technical issue.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
4 Replies
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @User97718302,

Thank you for your post. As far as I know, there is no hard enforcement to licenses in use from ePO and hence you may manage any number of endpoints using the new license form the new ePO provided you have purchased the necessary count already.

However, I would recommend having a word with the Customer care team to see if you can join your Grant# and get a single Product key to be applied to your ePO. I may not have a concrete answer since this question would be more in to Customer care part and from technical Support, I may not be able to answer you precisely on this as this would fall more into a licensing concern than a technical issue.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I would like to inform you that yes we can manage all the machines with one ePO and for that you need to transfer the systems from one ePO Server to another ePO Server with the help of the below KB article:

How to transfer computers from one ePolicy Orchestrator server to another 

Once the machines are successfully transferred to the new ePO after that you can transfer the policies as well with the help of below KB Article:

How to migrate policies and systems from one ePolicy Orchestrator server to another server 

You an perform the activity in either way first policy or system.

While transferring the systems please make a note that the latest extension should be in the new ePO.

ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.x minimum supported extension versions 

If you are using Drive Encryption in that case please refer the below article:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/drive-encryption-v7-2-0-client-transfer-product/resource/PD26656.pdf

For license thing please use the first license which is available in the product download site and you can also connect with the sales team for licensing issue.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

When you log into the McAfee download site with your grant number, the license key you see there is valid for any number of epo servers you may have, regardless of version.  If you happen to have more than one license key, you might want to open a ticket with customer service - not tech support, to get them merged.  The reason for that is that the downloads that show in software manager are tied to that license key and if one key is tied to certain entitlements while the other isn't, you may not see the full list of point products you are entitled to.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

In addition to the information provided by @vivs 

I understand that you may be having two grant numbers now, I request you to kindly contact customer support team and have both the grant numbers merged. Please find the contact details below

Product activations, licenses, grant numbers, support entitlements, or ServicePortal passwords.
Enterprise Customer Service Request Form

Tel: 1-888-847-8766

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/home/contact-us.html

Was my reply helpful?
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community