cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install VSE 8.8 Patch 4 From Evaluation Branch

Jump to solution

I am attempting to test VSE 8.8 P4 now, and running into an issue. I have placed both the full install and P4 into the Eval branch. As a first attempt and for testing purposes, I am trying to deploy this patch to members of my team. I configured a Client Task to install, but it fails. I suspect this is because it is the full install as noted above, and requires that VSE be uninstalled first, and then this run. Unfortunately, I can't do this, because we are using Cisco NAC and one of our requirements is AV. The minute I uninstall VSE, I will no longer be able to connect to our network. This would not be a viable option going forward.

So then I look at the Patch 4 package alone. While this would most likely work, I am not sure how to deploy it. I configured a Product Update task, but as far as I know, you are unable to specify branch or specifics. In this case, the patch has to be in Current for the agent to pick it up. If I place the patch in Current and run the job quickly to update my PC, there is still a chance that another PC will update in the meantime and pick up the patch as well. This is not really a good method for testing.

Can anyone tell me a good way that I can deploy VSE 8.8 Patch 4 to a handful of computers without affecting other computers? This seems ridiculous that I can't do this easily through ePO. Perhaps I am missing something obvious.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Install VSE 8.8 Patch 4 From Evaluation Branch

Jump to solution

Hello,

just build up a new McAfee Agent Policy for these Clients (common policy) and configure it within the update section properly. In your case the Systems should take the Updates for VSE 8.8 only out of the Evalutation tree.

AgentPolicy.jpg

Mfg

2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello,

just build up a new McAfee Agent Policy for these Clients (common policy) and configure it within the update section properly. In your case the Systems should take the Updates for VSE 8.8 only out of the Evalutation tree.

AgentPolicy.jpg

Mfg

Jump to solution

I knew there had to be a way to get it done! Thanks Don!

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community