cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kerry.manley
Level 7

Initial Mcafee Agent deployment

Jump to solution

With an initial mcafee agent deployment, we are seeing hosts ping up to 45 repositorys (Superagents) to determine the closest one before pulling policies from the EPO server.

Am I doing something wrong here ? I would like to see just communication with the epo server to pull the policies.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Initial Mcafee Agent deployment

Jump to solution

Hi Kerry - I recognise that name, I think

Which agent version are you using? The behaviour you describe was changed in MA 4.8 Patch 1 - please see Item 5 in the release notes: PD24568

HTH -

Joe

0 Kudos
6 Replies
andrep1
Level 14

Jump to solution

What you are seeing is normal. They have to find the closest repository for file downloads.

It will go to ePO to get all of its policies and if you have a policy that assigns a specific repository, it will start after the policy has been downloaded and applied

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Kerry - I recognise that name, I think

Which agent version are you using? The behaviour you describe was changed in MA 4.8 Patch 1 - please see Item 5 in the release notes: PD24568

HTH -

Joe

0 Kudos
kerry.manley
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Joe - good to hear from you

We are using MA 4.8 Patch 1, so I guess we should be working as I wanted.

Kerry

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Sorry, I need more coffee... are your MA 4.8 P1 machines working correctly then, or are they still pinging all the repos before talking to the server?

Thanks -

Joe

0 Kudos
kerry.manley
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Joe,

No coffee needed !

I  can confirm, the agent communicates with the epo server then applies the policies for the mcafee agent, which contains the correct superagent listing - Hooray!!!

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Excellent

Regards -

Joe

0 Kudos