My environment is epo4 patch 2, engine 5200 (moving on to 5300), agent 18.104.22.1684 and vse8.0i patch 16
However, I'm facing the following problems : 1. I've set the client task to install patch 16 on machines which are not on patch 16 yet. yet many of them are unable to install despite reporting in to the epo server regularly. 2. some of the machine which I got the user to manual install and call in to the server, its not reflected as patch 16 on the server, instead it shows 'na' or 'blank'!!
i've getting the same issues with users on 'na' or 'blank' agents or even those on 3.6.0 patch 1 or 2 ...
Check your clients, under their properties - check their VS version. Then check your software packages to see if that version of VS is in your packages. If this is the case, your computers can't update or enforce polices for packages that don't exist within the ePO server
I've got various clients on VSE8.0i Patch 10, 14, 15, "na" or "blank". Checking the ePO4 Server repository, I've got the VSE8.0i installation package, patch 16 in there. However, no matter how i pushed or get the clients to manual install, it just doesnt seemed to go thru.
Have you tried deleting the "blank" or "N/A" computer from ePO (leaving the agent installed). Then walking up to the computer you just deleted, open a command prompt.
CD \program files\McAfee\Common Framework
cmdagent /P /E /C
CD \Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework
cmdagent /P /E /C
Also, check your reporting to make sure you don't have duplicate computers within ePO. ePO Agent 4.0 checks hostnames and netbios names and like everything else, will cause a conflict within ePO. I ran into that problem last night when deploying ePO Agent 4.0.
i've updated a server with vse8.0i patch 16, yet the patch version displayed on the server itself & in epo server is patch 10. at the same time, when i run a compliance report, this particular server is listed as compliant.