cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent issues deploying Agent 4.8

Hi,

I am most of the way through deploying various McAfee endpoint applications accross out network and have had pretty high levels of success.

A few client machines are exibiting some strange issues that I am unable to overcome.

They show up in EPO as unmanaged, so I try to deploy the agent framework.

1. The process starts and shows as complete, while this happens you can see the McAfee agent install service show up in services.exe, it then disappears and nothing happens.

2. It displays this in EPO dispite saying completed and the service showing on the client  - "Failed to access remote system registry, system error: The network path was not found."

I've tried installing the agent manually by downloading the standalone installer from EPO but it still doesn't check in. When I try to then force it to by command line, it says that the agent is unavailable.

The issue happens on both of our HP and Dell machines and seems to be totally random.

I am ultimately trying to get the Agent, DLP, Engryption Go Healthcheck and Encryption Agent installed, but fail at the first hurdle.

Please suggest any possible fix.

Thanks,

Ben

13 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 14

Re: Inconsistent issues deploying Agent 4.8

Moved to ePO for better handling.

Tristan
Level 15
Message 3 of 14

Are all the clients on the same domain?

What credentials are you suppling for the install?

Do you do anything funky like remapping temporary folders to network shares?

Hi,

All clients that I get this issue with are on the same domain.

The credentials that I am supplying are the same ones that have worked with all 1000+ clients that I have successfully deployed to.

I am not aware of any remapping like that.

Thanks,

Ben

Tristan
Level 15
Message 5 of 14

Do you mean the faulty clients are on a different domain to the ones that work?

Hi,

No they are all on the same domain.

Ben

Tristan
Level 15
Message 7 of 14

mmmm....Do you know anything about these machines that would be different from all the others. Has the OS been deployed using an image?

Are you able to confirm that the agent is actually installed or not.

Are you able to get the agent status monitor to open and have a green band at the top with 'Agent Service is now running'?

vidrine
Level 9
Message 8 of 14

I'm actually running into something similar.  The actual server task log reports the "Deploy Agent" action as successfully completing.  When you drill-down and review the log, though, you get the "Failed to access remote system registry, system error: The network path was not found." message.

Haven't identified the cause on my issue, either - in my case, I believe multiple issues are compounded.  One of which, is multiple domains.  I also believe UAC configurations and potentially Windows Firewall are adding to the headache.

What's annoying, though, is I can see the in the ePO server logs where it is successfully connecting to the target endpoint, authenticating, copying the McAgent to the ADMIN$, and executing the FramePkg installer.    

The agent isn't installing, I get no system tray icon or system process running.

I can't be sure if the OS was out of the box or an image, but it is likely a ghost image that wasn't sysprep'd as our legacy systems are still out there.

Could if be a SSID or similar issue?

Try to turn the Windows Firewall off and then redeploy.

Also make sure you can connect to the hidden share of the target host.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community