cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nacho
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

In-place Upgrade from SQL server 2005 express edition to SQL server 2005 Full edition

Hey Folks?

I want to perform an in-place upgrade of my existing SQL server 2005 express to SQL server 2005 Full edition on the ePO server.it is running ePO 4.5 P3.pls i want to know if it is supported/possible and if i need to re-create the ePO database instance after the upgrade.

5 Replies

In-place Upgrade from SQL server 2005 express edition to SQL server 2005 Full edition

There was an old KB about upgrading MSDE to SQL Server 2000. I think it must be the same for upgrading SQL Express 2005 to SQL Server 2005 (but with SQL Express instead of MSDE):

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB58552

netsec
Level 9
Message 3 of 6

How to upgrade from SQL 2005 Express to SQL 2005 Standard/Enterprise

Problem:

Solution:

Note! Stop the all services for products that are accessing the SQL database such as the McAfee ePO Server services ("McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.0 Event Parser", "McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.0 Application Server" & "McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.0 Server") before upgrading the SQL.

'Setup.exe SKUUPGRADE=1'

Commands

UPGRADE from SQL 2005 EXPRESS to SQL 2005 STANDARD COMMAND = SKUUPGRADE=1

EXAMPLE PIDKEY = jbc63-kjwt9-wp9d4-vrtpg-xxxxx

Note - Some SQL installation CDs or DVDs are "Pre-PIDed" which means no PIDKEY needs to be specified or entered for the SQL installation. In these cases the PIDKEY string can be omitted in the commandline.

Run below to upgrade SQL_Engine only

"D:\setup.exe" ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine PIDKEY=jbc63kjwt9wp9d4vrtpgvbfbd INSTANCENAME=EPOSERVER UPGRADE=SQL_Engine SKUUPGRADE=1 /qb

or run below if Reporting Services needs to be upgraded

"D:\setup.exe" ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine,RS_Server PIDKEY=jbc63kjwt9wp9d4vrtpgvbfbd INSTANCENAME=EPOSERVER UPGRADE=SQL_Engine,RS_Server SKUUPGRADE=1 /qb

Note: The above command lines assumes that you're installing from a CD and the CD is seen locally as Drive 😧 so check the path to the SETUP.EXE and change it accordingly.

or run SETUP.EXE on CD with SKUUPGRADE=1 command

ie. Setup.exe SKUUPGRADE=1

Which KB is this? I didn't see it before but looks like the real way to upgrade SQLExpress

netsec
Level 9
Message 5 of 6

Hey ulyses31

It is a document that I created myself, and obviously had the same problem as user Nacho and had to find a solution.

So I now the frustration Nacho is going through and had to share

ENJOY!!!

akill
Level 9
Message 6 of 6

U Can also, backup the epo Database, install 2005 Full and restore the DB on the SQL Full and then make changes on the https://localhost:8443/core/config to check the credentials for the ePO DB connection

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community