Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Importing\syncing AD systems in a separated network

Jump to solution
we have a few networks in our environment. for one network we can't open LDAP ports to communicate with the ePO as a registered server, and since AH is not capable of syncing LDAP, we need to figure out a way to get all the OU structure from that domain to the System Tree. Is there a way to import an AD container structure to the System Tree? from what I know it is only possible to import a flat list of computers to a specific System Tree group.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Importing\syncing AD systems in a separated network

Jump to solution

There is a way to do it, but it will take a little work.  For your existing system tree, export the system tree and its structure.  That will give you a baseline for how to format a text file.

I don't know if AD allows you to export the systems in the same type manner or not, but you can create a new list of the systems you want to import and then modify your list to create groups that mirror AD.  You would then go to the system tree, new systems, import systems from text file, choose your new file (it should only contain new systems and not existing) and choose Systems and System tree structure.  You would then choose move systems from their current system tree location to the synchronized group.  I tested it out and it does create the groups and adds the systems.  You would then need to get the agent installed on the systems so they can check in and update their entry.

The alternative to that is to create your system tree structure the way you want, set up tagging to identify those systems and use the tagging to sort the systems.  Once that is done, install the agent on the systems and they should then sort into their correct group as long as system tree sorting is enabled.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Importing\syncing AD systems in a separated network

Jump to solution

There is a way to do it, but it will take a little work.  For your existing system tree, export the system tree and its structure.  That will give you a baseline for how to format a text file.

I don't know if AD allows you to export the systems in the same type manner or not, but you can create a new list of the systems you want to import and then modify your list to create groups that mirror AD.  You would then go to the system tree, new systems, import systems from text file, choose your new file (it should only contain new systems and not existing) and choose Systems and System tree structure.  You would then choose move systems from their current system tree location to the synchronized group.  I tested it out and it does create the groups and adds the systems.  You would then need to get the agent installed on the systems so they can check in and update their entry.

The alternative to that is to create your system tree structure the way you want, set up tagging to identify those systems and use the tagging to sort the systems.  Once that is done, install the agent on the systems and they should then sort into their correct group as long as system tree sorting is enabled.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community