cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don_Martin
Level 11

Import Querys from ePO 4.5.x to 4.6.x - how?

Jump to solution

Hello,

does anyone have experience with this task? I tried to find some relevant informations about it but did not suceed.

Anyway, there are dbo.query tables within the DB of ePO 4.5. Is it reasonable to try an import, wether or not several products or OS-Types are not present in the testenvironment (ePO4.6.x)? I`m not expecting severe DB-errors caused by this - these are only querys but due to the migrating scenario this seems to be one way for not creating all querys again.

Nevertheless I hope there are other ways? Please?

Thanks for any advice or hint I might was too blind to see

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Don_Martin
Level 11

Re: Import Querys from ePO 4.5.x to 4.6.x - how?

Jump to solution

Just for taking note on this matter I created a new reply.

Statement out of an SR (and for all those who are hoping for a resolution): There is no supported way in exporting all querys in one Task, manipulating the database leads to an unsupported DB. *sigh*

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Tristan
Level 15

Jump to solution

I wouldn't go down the direct DB export/import as McAfee would probably class your ePO as unsupported as you've manipulated data directly in the database.

Simplest way is to just export the queries from 4.5 to an XML file and import them into 4.6

0 Kudos
Don_Martin
Level 11

Jump to solution

Yes, well, that is the most unwanted solution due to the mass of Querys we have. Maybe I just missed something but I can only export one query at a time and I hope there is another option I do not know at this time?!

0 Kudos
Tristan
Level 15

Jump to solution

Apologies i thought you could just export all queries in one giant XML file like you can in 4.6.

To be honest it's be such a long time since i used 4.5 it's hard to remember what you can and can't do with it.

EDIT: Just to double check. Whats happens when you first click the tick box to select all queries and the try to export? As in 4.6 this exports all selected queries into one XML file.

Message was edited by: Tristan on 05/12/12 13:31:44 GMT
0 Kudos
Don_Martin
Level 11

Jump to solution

No harm taken and look for yourself

Unbenannt.jpg

It's just not usable - only one query at a time *laughs*

Oh...and there is no such Servertask for exporting "all" querys. You can only select one query after another...quite the same work as exporting them one by one

on 05.12.12 08:14:18 CST
0 Kudos
ulyses31
Level 16

Jump to solution

Don_Martin as it lloks there's no simple way to export all query definitions then why not try to share your queries between servers?

0 Kudos
Don_Martin
Level 11

Jump to solution

And at this point we were back at the DB Export/ Import I'm afraid...at least I did not found any possibility to share the querys like it is possible for Tasks and policys :-(

0 Kudos
Don_Martin
Level 11

Jump to solution

Just for taking note on this matter I created a new reply.

Statement out of an SR (and for all those who are hoping for a resolution): There is no supported way in exporting all querys in one Task, manipulating the database leads to an unsupported DB. *sigh*

0 Kudos