cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McDuff
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Impact of daily client deploy tasks to systems that already have the software?

Jump to solution

Greetings

Wondering what, if any client/server/network impact there would be for having re-occurring (daily or weekly) client deploy tasks for products like ENS, Drive Encryption and HIPS running on systems that already have the software intstalled?

Background:  Currently I have daily server tasks which run queries and tags/untags systems require product installs/upgrades - and I have a daily client task which deploys the software to systems the systems with those tags.  This allows us to catch PCs that for one reason or another are missing software, to keep up with our compliance.  

However, lately I've been thinking I'd like to simplify things and simply have the install task run daily on all systems, regardless of whether they have the software already, but I'm wondering if there would be any negative impact to it. 

Thoughts on this?  How do you all keep compliance levels, while at the same time maintaining simplicity in your ePO configuration?  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Impact of daily client deploy tasks to systems that already have the software?

Jump to solution

You can create a Client Task and get that assigned to the My Organization.

If the machines are already having the products available and new task is triggering to the machine having same version of point products it will get skipped and nothing will get changes on that particular machine.

You need to make sure that the task which you are sending for the point product deployments has the same version available on those machines which is having the point product available on the machine.

Ex: Suppose any machine is having ENS 10.5.X and you sending 10.6.X deployment task , In that case the machines will get upgraded with the 10.6.X

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

3 Replies
McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Impact of daily client deploy tasks to systems that already have the software?

Jump to solution

You can create a Client Task and get that assigned to the My Organization.

If the machines are already having the products available and new task is triggering to the machine having same version of point products it will get skipped and nothing will get changes on that particular machine.

You need to make sure that the task which you are sending for the point product deployments has the same version available on those machines which is having the point product available on the machine.

Ex: Suppose any machine is having ENS 10.5.X and you sending 10.6.X deployment task , In that case the machines will get upgraded with the 10.6.X

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McDuff
Level 10
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution
Thank you! That's what I was hoping for, and will certainly make my life easier by allowing me to simplify my setup.
Highlighted
Menzo
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Awesome !

I was also looking for that exact information.

Thanks 😉

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community