cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immediate DAT Update - Client Task question

I run a task to immediately update DAT files on all client systems, but the agent general policy - updates points to "previous" for DAT's. If I want to immediately push the most current DAT out to all agents do I need to modify the agent - general policy first to point the clients to current? Is there a way to have a sort of "override" task that simply forces a update to what is in the current branch?

Thanks,

1 Reply
Highlighted
ajha1
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Immediate DAT Update - Client Task question

Hi jimmac24,

McAfee Agent - General Policies let the managed machine understand, from where it has to pull the update from. If for DAT section, the Branch is 'Previous', then the managed machines will pull DAT from previous branch of the Master Repository.

- You need to check, where exactly the Latest DAT is pull by Update Master Repository Server Task, if it is Current, then you need to change the McAfee Agent - General Policies - Update Tab - DAT Section to Current Branch.

You can run a 'Run Client task now' or 'Update Now' task from ePO, but still managed machines will take the DAT update from Previous Branch, if the McAfee Agent - General Policies - Update Tab - DAT Section is set to Previous Branch.

- AJ

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community