cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Identifying endpoints with no encryption user assigned

We have a need to be able to identify what endpoints do not have an encryption user assigned.  Our laptops are not domain joined, and as such I need to manually add an encryption user once the agent has been installed and shows up in ePO. 

We are trying to move through the roll out as quickly as possible, so I am thinking about ways to manage that manual process.  One option is to tag the endpoint when the encryption user is empty, but I cannot find that value to use.  I could also show a column and/or filter the Encryption Users screen, but again I cannot find the column to use for that attribute.

A third option I can think of is to have these new endpoints in a separate group, and move them as the user is added, but that feels like too many moving pieces.

Has anyone tried to do anything similar?  

3 Replies
cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Identifying endpoints with no encryption user assigned

If you go into queries and reports, new query, then choose drive encryption.  You will see an option for drive encryption - users.  You can use that to create a query where the users are blank - there is a filter option for "value is blank".

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Thank you.  I looked briefly at this and it seems close.  I will look a little more when I get back to my desk this afternoon.  

I need to be able to see the computer name in that list, and I didn't see a way to do that.  I will review the other settings and see if I find it in there.  

Thanks again

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

I see what you mean.  Try using system users option for a query type instead of just users.  That gives you more options for columns, including system names.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community