cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a2wa2
Level 8

IP Communicator crash with McAfee

Hello Dear friends

we have systems that have Cisco IP communicator and McAfee causes these systems hanged and freezed  during  usage of IP Communicator.

I set this path that indicate below and execution files as exclusion also there is no log to block this processes.

but the systems hanged during using of IP communicator and when we disable and remove McAfee virus scan the problem solved.

would u please help me what should I do?Does it  have any solution?

C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\CISCO SYSTEMS\CISCO IP COMMUNICATOR\CIPCLOCALEDOWNLOADER.EXE

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: IP Communicator crash with McAfee

You have to exclude the process and i believe that you are using file and folder exclusion.  Please use the below KB article for process exclusion.

Best way disable the mcafee agent services and then get the exclusion created for CIPCLOCALEDOWNLOADER.EXE in High and low risk where you have to disable on read and write in low process policy.

McAfee Corporate KB - Understanding High-Risk, Low-Risk, and Default processes configuration and usa...

the other way around to use procmon to see the Mcshiled is scanning the cisco ip communication files or not.

Process Monitor - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs

0 Kudos
a2wa2
Level 8

Re: IP Communicator crash with McAfee

thanks for response, but I excluded it as I said before there is no log to blocked it. but clients systems get slow when use cisco ip communicator.

0 Kudos