cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

IP Address Reported by McAfee Agent to ePO

Hello,

Currently the IP I see reported in by the Agent is captured from the Registery and passed up to the ePO  which will show only Private IPs if it is off the internal network.  Is there a way in newer releases to see what the actual public IP is from where the device is checking in?  Would like to know when devices are off network what the real IP incase a device is lost.

I had asked the question once before but that was in 2015 hoping the answer is different now.

Thanks,

Evan

3 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: IP Address Reported by McAfee Agent to ePO

The agent can't report what any router or ISP nats that to.  We report what the OS tells us is the IP.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

So since the client checks in on HTTPS port 443 is there no way for the ePO to show the real nat'd IP of where that request came from for that client?  Instead of showing only what the client captures from a registry entry.

Evan

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

No, the agent has no visibility into that.  The properties are local to the system and even Windows has no knowledge of what that natted IP address would be.  It is something occurring beyond the system itself.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center