cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to move patches and updates folder to a different drive in my epo 4.5?please Answer URGENT!!

i want to move patches and updates folder in my epo 4.5 to another drive because i am running out of space . how do i do this ?

Message was edited by: raisarc on 18/08/10 08:11:24 CDT

Message was edited by: raisarc on 18/08/10 08:59:32 CDT
3 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: I want to move patches and updates folder to a different drive in my epo 4.5?please Answer URGENT!!

I havnt done this since epo 3 and I'm not even sure its easily possible with later epo versions, you are probably best off logging a telephone call with support and getting them to locate the information on whether this is possible at all and how to is it is.

Re: I want to move patches and updates folder to a different drive in my epo 4.5?please Answer URGENT!!

Assuming you are referring to the epo software folder under program files \ mcafee \ epolicy orchestrator... ?

I am guessing it's not possible, would need some other expertise on that.

If that's the case, you would have to move the entire install of EPO to the new drive.

here is one kb article on that... though it mentions 4.0..  (search kb and the forums with Move EPO)

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51438&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

I'm not helping too much I know... The other thing to look at quick are there any folders or packages that can be deleted, even temporarily until you get space taken care of?

also check the vscandat1000 folder where the zip file updates are.  I've had older ones not get deleted out of there.  Sometimes there are log files to delete if they are really old.

Good Luck.

Jon

thanks dude !!!