cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I upgraded my ePO 4.0 server to ePO 4.5 - agents stopped communicating, and I can't deploy agents.

Hi Ryan,

I uninstalled that agent, and redeployed from my clean install 4.5 server, so the logs are gone.

But, I have quite the puzzle here. Recall that when my first 4.0 to 4.5 upgrade failed a McAfee support person had me add my servers IP to the httpd.conf file (under Apache2), and that got the agents communicating again, but I still could not deploy agents. Well, as I had not heard from support in almost 2 weeks, I figured I'd poke around myself...what the heck, as it looked like I'd have to blow away my server and start again - NOT an option for prod, but ok for dev. I removed those IPs from the httpd.conf file, rebooted the server, and lo and behold, my agents can still communicate and I can now deploy. ?? Nothing else changed, just the removal of those IPs and a reboot. So I went to my second 4.0 to 4.5 upgrade that failed, added that servers IPs into the same file, rebooted, removed the IPs, rebooted...and now my agents are communicating, and I can deploy agents. ??! Again, nothing else has changed on the server, no renaming, port changing, nothing, just the addion/removal of the server IPs in that file. Does this make sense?! So, at the moment I have two functioning 4.0 to 4.5 upgrades, but the reason why is quite strange.

Highlighted

Re: I upgraded my ePO 4.0 server to ePO 4.5 - agents stopped communicating, and I can't deploy agents.

I'm in the same situation and currently am waiting on Tier 2 support to give me a call back.

I upgraded a perfectly working 4.0 epo server to 4.5 and during the install had an error with the Event Parser service.  Called up Mcafee and was told to ignore the error and continue.  After the install, everything looked good except the Event Parser was still at version 4.0

Later, the agents never reported into the server and I can't deploy agents anymore.   At the same time we went through an IP change for both the server and SQL server.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator