Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

I see nothing under Assigned Client Tasks

Jump to solution

first of all let me start off by saying thank you all for reading and answering all my prior posts / questions much appreciated

today I want to ask you why I do not see any Assigned Client Tasks for my two servers in the Servers group (one is a 2019 DC, the other a 2019 SQL/ePO box)

I successfully deployed the McAfee Agent to both servers, though I am beginning to sense that agent deployment aint considered a "client task" correct me if I am wrong please

I also successfully "deployed" VirusScan to both servers yet I don't see VirusScan under the Assigned Client Tasks either, don't tell me that aint a client task either, LOL  

On the other hand when I take a looksie in the Workstations group I do see HIPS under the Assigned Client Tasks folder, so I recon Host Intrusion Prevention is a client task? 

I am honestly struggling to understand these inconsistencies, please help explain it

where are the Assigned Client Tasks ?where are the Assigned Client Tasks ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: I see nothing under Assigned Client Tasks

Jump to solution

A Deploy agent task is a one-time thing that never creates any type of client task.  A run client task now will create a client task in the client task catalog, but it is only a task that is sent at that time, never assigned in the system tree and deleted on the client once it runs.

To see a task under assigned client tasks, you have to actually schedule it.  This is the preferred method for updates and deployments rather than run client task now (rctn).  A rctn task should be used sparingly and on very few systems at a time.  The scheduled tasks can be set to run immediately, such as for a deployment that is run as soon as a client checks in and gets the task, or on a daily schedule at specific time or times, such as an update task.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

A Deploy agent task is a one-time thing that never creates any type of client task.  A run client task now will create a client task in the client task catalog, but it is only a task that is sent at that time, never assigned in the system tree and deleted on the client once it runs.

To see a task under assigned client tasks, you have to actually schedule it.  This is the preferred method for updates and deployments rather than run client task now (rctn).  A rctn task should be used sparingly and on very few systems at a time.  The scheduled tasks can be set to run immediately, such as for a deployment that is run as soon as a client checks in and gets the task, or on a daily schedule at specific time or times, such as an update task.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Additionally, for consistency and easier task management, it is best to set them up at my organization level.  At group levels, inheritance can be broken to either disable for specific groups or schedule at different times.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community