cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crojas
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

I need to install ePO 4.5 in Cluster, recommendations if anyone has already done

hi all,

this with some hesitation installing a cluster on my client, the environment is as follows:

two windows 2008 server enterprise R2, both with an instance of the database servers, as the engine and the data is in storage to a LUN 2Gb,

my query is about the version of SQL, I read out there that is not supported McAfee after the SQL Server 2008 R2, and this is the version I have, will I have problems?

Another query, if a database for mounted on a storage cluster, how many licenses for the SQL need?,

Please help!

they are grateful;

Regards,

Carolina Rojas

3 Replies

Re: I need to install ePO 4.5 in Cluster, recommendations if anyone has already done

I haven't done it myself yet, but this can be a good starting point:

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/21000/PD21842/en_US/...

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Re: I need to install ePO 4.5 in Cluster, recommendations if anyone has already done

I cannot predict if you will have problems installing ePO on an unsupported version of SQL (if I had to guess I'd say probably); however, support for SQL 2008 R2 will be introduced with ePO 4.5 patch 4 which should release in Q1 2011. You can reference the supported environments doc for ePO for this (KB51569):

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51569

crojas
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

Hi everyone!

McAfee support, I replied:

ven we have determined the ePO system if it can run on cluster but it is not necessary since ePO is a program manager and not a server per se, that is, if the PC fails the ePO'smanaged not fail to protect the stations.

Having said this, I enclose a PDF document with instructions for implementing the cluster method ePO Regarding the license, not an additional need for ePO and SQL only requires1 with good redundancy (RAID5) or want an additional , would then have to talk to the Microsoft sales department

try it now plays!,

Regards,

Carolina Rojas