cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help here; I installed an ePO 5.0 in an epo Server but can't deploy to all workstations

Please I need a serious help up in here; I installed an ePO 5.0 in an epo Server but after the installation was done successful I tried to deploy to the clients systems but it was able to deploy to all the systems in the active directory (AD Sever). I currently have up to like 900 Workstations and Servers but I was able to deploy VirusScan Enterprise to just only 100 Workstations and Servers.

Please I need an urgent solutions to this because this people are on my neck right now. Thanks

7 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: I need help here; I installed an ePO 5.0 in an epo Server but can't deploy to all workstations

Header abbreviated for clarity....Moderator

Re: I need help here; I installed an ePO 5.0 in an epo Server but can't deploy to all workstations

Note from Moderator...one post (the 1st one) is enough to keep the thread active, thanks.

Not a lot of info here.

Are all of your 900 systems running the McAfee Agent, or are you having trouble deploying the Agent to them?  What version of VSE are you trying to deploy to your clients?  Do those clients have a pre-existing VSE installed?  Are you receiving errors when deploying?  If you deploy manually on a system where the remote deploy fails, does it work?  Are you running distributed repositories? 

I can't really say whether all systems are running on McaAfee Agent but just having hiccup deploying the VSE to all the systems. I registered a new server and I sync to their Active Directory Server. I suppose to deploy from their AD Server but when I tried to deploy, it won't be deploying to all the systems in their Active Directory Server. I didn't receive any error message. It worked for some few systems and server but not to all the systems. Please is there any solution to this problems. Thanks

Hi blufimex

In order to manage your computers with ePO then it is essential that you have McAfee Agent (MA) installed and working. The MA is the software on each individual computer that will do the work of installing VSE, as well as reporting back system and product information to ePO.

Check in your System Tree and do a custom filter for systems in a Managed State; the ones with a recent Last Communication (within last 2-3 days?) should give you an idea of where the problem lies. Try your method to install VSE on these computers and let us know.

I think we need to know if your issue is with deploying a working MA or deploying VSE before we can give any more advice.

Hi Rolydee,

Thanks for your reply, I currently have McAfee Agent (MA) installed on my EPO Server and not on each individual computer. I deployed the VSE to the individual workstations using the Agent on my EPO Server.

Though the VSE didn't deploy to all the computers on the System tree; it kinda like selected some few ones it was meant to deployed to all the computers on the System tree and not to some selected few, and those ones that it didn't deploy to are still on Unmanaged State.

I have tried over and over to deploy it but that's still not working. The computers that are on Managed state some of them can't access their documents and it seems that the VSE is blocking their access.

bluifmex wrote:

Thanks for your reply, I currently have McAfee Agent (MA) installed on my EPO Server and not on each individual computer. I deployed the VSE to the individual workstations using the Agent on my EPO Server.

You literally can't do this.  You MUST have the McAfee Agent installed on the endpoints you're deploying VSE to.  There is no other way to remotely deploy VSE through ePO. 

You can deploy the McAfee Agent to systems without a pre-existing McAfee Agent install, if you have admin credentials on the system.  But you cannot push VSE to systems without the Agent.