cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
razielkoh
Level 7

I'm getting started with the ePO server and HBSS...

My organization uses VMware, and routinely recomposes its pools. When we do this, it seems that the Agent is being cloned along with the rest of the machine, but with a new GUID. At this point, the old agent drops off the grid - and as far as ePO is concerned, still exists in an inactive state. After several days, those machines no longer communicating with the ePO server begin to move over to the inactive agents section. This, of course, skews our metrics. Removing them is nearly a semiweekly task. And then, ePO sees all the new machines from the recompose and thinks they're all rogue. Is there any way to somehow sync with Active Directory and tell ePO what's supposed to be there and what's not? Is there a way to automate the removal of duplicate machines no longer communicating with ePO?

TIA!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: I'm getting started with the ePO server and HBSS...

Successfully moved from Community Support to ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO > Discussions

For better exposure and assistance.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
tao
Level 13

Create a query (name SysDup), Mananged Systems, under filter/System Name: Is duplicated and Last Communication: Is not within the last 3 days (or whatever). Save/Run and confirm results.

If results are good, create server task, under actions: run query, choose the Sysdup with sub-action delete systems and a schedule of your choosing (hourly, daily, weekly ...)

razielkoh
Level 7

Hey, that's great. Thank you! And what happens if it removes a system that isn't actually a duplicate? Will it repopulate as soon as its agent reaches out to the ePO?

And, what about rogue systems that keep popping up? Do I have to configure an exception? I'd rather not, as it's my understanding that's not a best practice. I would think they would have built this with VMware in mind... Besides a number of peripherals (printers, etc) I already have set up for exceptions, exactly 100% of my systems are registering as a false positive...

0 Kudos
tao
Level 13

Will it repopulate as soon as its agent reaches out to the ePO? Yes, a record is created once the agent communicates with the ePO server

And, what about rogue systems that keep popping up? Query is built on managed systems - rogues wouldn't be effect by this query.  If you are looking to remove OLD rogues; under server tasks look for RSD: Default Delete Detected Systems Task  and configure the removal of OLD rogues according to your environment.

0 Kudos