cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have tried to install VSE 8.8 on a Solar Winds Server with no success

i have tried to install VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 on a Solar Winds front end server with no success. The server is managed by our ePO server 5.3, however I  have not been able to successfully install VSE, and HIPS....

VSE reports :"Deployment/Update process encountered an unknown error" Event ID 2412. I have not checked the application log on the Solar Winds server(pending).

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

4 Replies
catdaddy Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: I have tried to install VSE 8.8 on a Solar Winds Server with no success

Discussion successfully moved from Community Support to ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO)

Note: Moved from Moderation Queue.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Highlighted

Hi there,

try to do a reboot of the targeted server, this error message does not necessary means that the installation has not completed successfully.

Get secure. Stay secure.
jappell McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Thought you should consider the following exclusions in your VirusScan for SolarWinds.

Files and directories to exclude from antivirus scanning - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Suppo...

Thank you for the link.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community