cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I have installed epo 5.10 trail version, i cannot able to get VSE product as deploy-able package?

Jump to solution

is because of trail version i cannot make VSE product deployment?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: I have installed epo 5.10 trail version, i cannot able to get VSE product as deploy-able package

Jump to solution

Evaluation versions of epo do not pull down all the products that are available because there is no license key to show entitlement for the downloads.  It will show some patches and a few other product updates maybe, but not full installs.  You can sign up for trial version of Endpoint Security here (VSE is not available, as the product is moving to ENS).

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/downloads/trials.html

You would choose endpoint protection as the category, and in the endpoint security section, click on Windows and you can get the trial version there.

I don't know if it includes extensions for it for ePO, or whether the eval version of ePO will allow you to download the extension for it either.  You will have to check that out.  The extensions are required for policy management of the point products.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

2 Replies
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: I have installed epo 5.10 trail version, i cannot able to get VSE product as deploy-able package

Jump to solution

Hi satheeshmay01,

the fact that ePO is a trial install will not make a difference, unless the trail has expired.

The issue will be configuration or a local restriction matter related to the install operation you are performing.

What messages/errors, etc do you receive when you run the deployment operation?

Review of the remote system you are trying to deploy the software to might offer additional messages to help you here.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Evaluation versions of epo do not pull down all the products that are available because there is no license key to show entitlement for the downloads.  It will show some patches and a few other product updates maybe, but not full installs.  You can sign up for trial version of Endpoint Security here (VSE is not available, as the product is moving to ENS).

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/downloads/trials.html

You would choose endpoint protection as the category, and in the endpoint security section, click on Windows and you can get the trial version there.

I don't know if it includes extensions for it for ePO, or whether the eval version of ePO will allow you to download the extension for it either.  You will have to check that out.  The extensions are required for policy management of the point products.

Was my reply helpful?

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.