cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I am new to ePO and am wondering if there is a way to query and report against the sql database of a third-party security product. also, is there any way to deploy third party security applications usin ePO?

I am new to ePO and am wondering if there is a way to query and report against the sql database of a third-party security product.  also, is there any way to deploy third party security applications usin ePO?

7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: I am new to ePO and am wondering if there is a way to query and report against the sql database of a third-party security product. also, is there any way to deploy third party security applications usin ePO?

Symantec SAV v9.x/v10.x can be managed by ePO.  Those are the only applications that I know of that can be managed via ePO.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Re: I am new to ePO and am wondering if there is a way to query and report against the sql database of a third-party security product. also, is there any way to deploy third party security applications usin ePO?

You could create you own queries against the ePO database, but as far as doing that in ePo it is not possible. You are restricted to the scenarios McAfee came up with.. ie not all table can be queried against each other.

They've also developped a web interface where you could grab the data your are looking fro.

Highlighted

Can you point me to the web interface that you mention here?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Sure, you can do a search for this docuement in the McAfee product documentation as well as the community forums and you'll find what you are looking for.

ePO_Web_API_Scripting_Guide_en-us.pdf

For example:https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-3094

Highlighted

Thank you..I was actually hoping to build a custom report, against a third party datasource (sql) and discplay it in the dashboard.  We use a different encryption product, and want to include that data in the ePO dashboard.  it looks like if the product you choose is not part of McAfee's group, then you are out of luck, which is sad.  They could simply add a sql query tool and allow you to display the results.

Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I haven't tried it but you can add a link to an rss fee, an html page. It should work if the ePO server has access to the data source you want to display....

But I haven't tried it, keep us in the loop if it work...

Highlighted
Level 15
Message 8 of 8

Just to go into more detail on Andre Parents suggestion.

You would want to construct the required report using something like IIS & ASP or Apache & PHP that has the desired SQL query against the 3rd Party SQL database.

You would then add a 'Custom URL' monitor to your dash board in ePO. I think ePO handles it like an embedded html iFrame but doesn't do a very good job (as the warning suggests when you enter the URL).

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community