Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nov1ce
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

How to test new engine?

Hello,

Sorry for a newbie question, but how do you actually test newly released engine (5800)?

We're using ePO 5.3.0 (VSE 8.8 and MA 5.0.2) and I'd like to test new engine on a limited amount of PCs.  So I checked in epo5800eng.zip to the Evaluation branch via Master Repository.  I also created a test group, copied "McAfee Agent > General policy", modified it (Updates > Repository branch to use for each update type > Signatures and engines > Engine: Evaluation) and assigned it to my test group.

Is this the correct way to test it, since it doesn't seem to work? Fetching the policy from the client works OK, but I don't see any engine updates being pushed.

Thank you.

1 Reply
nov1ce
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: How to test new engine?

Please disregard it.  On top of the change above you need a Product Update client task with Engine checked.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community