cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send E-mail notification when event NOT detected?

I plan to set up an automated job to test antivirus by dropping the EICAR test file on my file servers.

What I would like to have, is an automated E-mail when the EICAR test string has not been detected in the previous 24 hours.

Can this be done within ePO?  (I'm currently on 4.6.6, but plan to upgrade soon, so a solution using later versions would still be useful.)

I do see how to set an automatic response, and I can set one up for when the threat name equals EICAR test file.

I can create a query showing how many EICAR test file detections occurred in the last X days.

Can I set up a server task to send an E-mail if the query returns zero records?  If so, how?

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to send E-mail notification when event NOT detected?

Moved provisionally to ePO for better support.

---

Peter

McAfee Employee jappell
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Here is an educational video I put together for you that shows the nuts and bolts of how to do it.

I hope that answers your question.

Thank you for the response.

As stated in the original post, I already understand how to create an automatic response when the EICAR file is detected.

What I want is a notification when the EICAR file is NOT detected.

I want to automate the EICAR test, and I only want to be notified when the test fails.  I can test antivirus much more effectively if I automate it.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community