cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gstam
Level 7

How to run a T-SQL query in ePO 4.6? I miss query repository

Jump to solution

In years past I worked with ePO 3.x exetensively and built many custom queries which I placed in the query repository.

I would like to do the same with 4.6. I could probably use SQL Query Analyzer as I used to but I don't have access to it, so I am stuck doing it through the ePO console. I see the usefulness of the query builder, but I would prefer to drop my own queries into the console.

I'm not refering to importing XML, I'm talking about queries like

SELECT

count(*) as 'count',
[EPOLeafNode].[AgentVersion],
[EPOLeafNode].[AgentVersion],
[branchnode.nodename]

FROM

[EPOLeafNode],
[branchnode.nodename]

group by
[EPOLeafNode].[AgentVersion]
order by
'count' desc, [EPOLeafNode].[AgentVersion] asc

Is there any way to do this?

Hmmm, maybe not... https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB67406 describes using Query Analyzer instead of natively through ePO. I'd think McAfee would prefer to use its own tool when possible.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: How to run a T-SQL query in ePO 4.6? I miss query repository

Jump to solution

Unfortunately this isn't possible - the query engine in 4.6 only uses a subset of the T-SQL command set, and currently doesn't accept existing SQL queries as inputs.

Sorry

Joe

0 Kudos
6 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Unfortunately this isn't possible - the query engine in 4.6 only uses a subset of the T-SQL command set, and currently doesn't accept existing SQL queries as inputs.

Sorry

Joe

0 Kudos
gstam
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, Joe. It's frustrating when products lose functionality.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

I know what you mean, but I would definitely argue that the query system in 4.x is a lot more flexible than the Crystal Reports-based system in 3.x

Joe

0 Kudos
gstam
Level 7

Jump to solution

No argument that the built-in query system is better than it used to be in terms of modifying queries without 3rd party tools. I never used Crystal, I was just working with T-SQL directly. I can export the 4.6 queries into SQL which is nice but I would have more flexibility if I could translate the queries from SQL to XML.

Is there any resource for this?

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

None that I'm aware of, I'm afraid

0 Kudos
mischaboender
Level 11

Jump to solution

If you're up for an adventure, there's some excellent information on EQL (Epo Query Language ) in the "ePolicy Orchestrator 4.6 Scripting Guide", chapter 3.

You can find it here: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD23065

0 Kudos