cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
web1b
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

How to restore McAfee 5.33 to new server without snapshot?

Jump to solution

We need to restore a McAfee ePO 5.3.3 server that is down to a new server.

We have a database backup plus a backup of Server, DB, Apache folders specified in the backup KB.

All the retore ePO documents refer to using a snapshot recovery.

We do not have snapshot recover available. 

What are the recovery steps when not using snapshot recovery?

The old server was Server 2008 R2 with SQL Express 2014.

The new server will be Server 2016 with SQL Express 2014.

I'm building a new server now and I will install SQL Express plus windows updates, then download ePO 5.33 installation files and then the database and Windows folder backups from the other server.

What are the steps from there?  How can I tell which hotfixes were installed on the old server and which of those need to be installed on the new server and at what point are the hotfixes installed? 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to restore McAfee 5.33 to new server without snapshot?

Jump to solution

If don't have snapshot then we can restore if with DB backup and ePO folders as per KB66616.

If possible, please put same machine name/IP address of new server, install ePO in the same directory where it was installed on old server.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

If you are not sure of what hotfixes were previously installed, that is ok.  Go ahead and install them anyway, as they fix vulnerabilities and other issues.  The order doesn't matter.  Read the release notes for what they fix.  If they are apache or Java updates, then you only need the latest one.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

3 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

If don't have snapshot then we can restore if with DB backup and ePO folders as per KB66616.

If possible, please put same machine name/IP address of new server, install ePO in the same directory where it was installed on old server.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
Highlighted
web1b
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

One of the steps says:

"Apply any additional updates, hotfixes, or POCs to the ePO that had previously been applied."

How can I tell which updates and hotfixes where previously applies and what order to install them?  Also which hotfixes do I skip installing because the new hotifix includes the other hotfix?

I know the ePO build is 5.3.3.279, but that doesn't say which updates are applied.  

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

If you are not sure of what hotfixes were previously installed, that is ok.  Go ahead and install them anyway, as they fix vulnerabilities and other issues.  The order doesn't matter.  Read the release notes for what they fix.  If they are apache or Java updates, then you only need the latest one.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community