cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove existing software and Deploy VirusScan Enterprise 8.8

Hi all

I am new to ePO 4.5. I installed it on windows server 2003 and sync with active directory. Then I added package in Master Repository and replicate with Distributed Repositories. then I created client task in system tree to deploy Mcafee Agent 4 and it installed on client systems (Window XP and 7). So It became mannaged system now. After that I created another task in client task to deploy VirusScan Enterprise 8.8. I checked log says successfull but It did not installed VirusScan in client system.

Could someone let me know that how can i deploy Packages from ePO.

We have to switch Trend Micro to Mcafee. I want to remove Trend Micro client from 150 computers and install VirusScan and anti spam etc. But I have no idea about it. I just came across this software 2 days ago.

Thanks

8 Replies

Re: How to remove existing software and Deploy VirusScan Enterprise 8.8

Have you tried to check on  force policies when you send the wakeup call to the clients. I see some times an issue with HIPS compnent being enabled causing an issue I will suggest disabling the HIPS firewall during the deployment and then run the task

task.

Also look at the firewall log using the Mcafee icon to monitor the communication to the ePO server

Message was edited by: allamiro on 3/16/11 9:08:28 PM CDT

in the deployment task that you have created, add another option to deploy vse 8.8, and wakeup all clients

Hi,

When VSE is deployed , it automatically removes the competitor product. Below article refers to ePO 4.0 and VSE 8.7, but the procedure remails same for VSE 8.8 also for ePO 4.5.

you can refer.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53916&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

Srini.

Perhaps you can review some of the Video Tutorials on the McAfee Service Portal:

https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/Default.aspx

~ Follow the 'Video Tutorials' Link.

This might help jumpstart your ePO experience

Rgds,

Rob.

I have sort it out, the problem was that VIRUSSCAN8800 extention was missing. Now  VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 is installed on client machine but it did not remove Trend Micro. so both products are running on maching and McAfee OAS is disable in system tray. Computer is extremly slow

could you pls help me to

• Remove Trend Micro client from systems
  • Enable McAfee OAS
  • Speed up system as before.

Thanks

Hello Amar

i have some question for you

1-  why do not you remove Trend Micro before the deploy of Mcafee?

2- does the Trend Micro have the ability to do mass removeal?

3- what are the reasons make you move from Trend Micro to  Mcafee?

best regards

1-  why do not you remove Trend Micro before the deploy of Mcafee?

At present, I am testing it on 2-3 ctient machines for testing and after that i want to swap all machines once in my 4 working hours

2- does the Trend Micro have the ability to do mass removeal?

No, Not from console, but it could be from command line script (could not find).

3- what are the reasons make you move from Trend Micro to  Mcafee?

1.Money - trend micro supllier charged 3 times more than mcafee.
      2.It can not detect 5%-10% viruses and lots of time if you insert usb with viruses, it does nothing and 3-5 % it detects the virus but says no action (then we need to go through manual removal).
     3.It uses too much memory and slow downs the old systems. If we remove from start up items then we can clearly notice the start up time.

May be above issues we can have with mcafee as well but still we will save some money. 

To be honest if VirusScan failed to remove Trend on installation that's more a local thing for VirusScan than to do with ePO.

I gather it should just try to call whatever uninstall process or command is used by Trend.

You may get better replies from the VirusScan Enterprise forum than on here

Rgds,