cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate ePO 4.6.1: Windows Server 2003 + SQL Server 2005 to Windows Server 2008 + SQL Server 2008

Hi there ...

I need to migrate ePO server 4.6.1 to a new Windows Server. Actually, I have it in a Windows Server 2003, SQL Server 2005 and ePO 4.6.1 with several functionalities installed, like:

- EndPoint Encryption

- VirusScan Enterprise

- Host Intrusion Prevention

The objective is migrate its configuration to a new brand new server with more resources and Windows 2008 and SQL Server 2008.

Naturally, i need to keep the same configurations to do not compromise workstations status (I have encrypted workstations). If you provide me a step-by-step procedures to do this, it'll be ver helpful to accomplish the migartion successfully.

Very thankful for your help.

Freddy.

3 Replies

Re: How to migrate ePO 4.6.1: Windows Server 2003 + SQL Server 2005 to Windows Server 2008 + SQL Server 2008

This McAfee support article should cover most of it:

KB71078 - How to migrate ePO 4.5 or ePO 4.6 from a 32-bit system to a 64-bit system (or to a different installation path)

https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/Default.aspx

Then use the 'search the knowledge base' link.

alexn
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Re: How to migrate ePO 4.6.1: Windows Server 2003 + SQL Server 2005 to Windows Server 2008 + SQL Server 2008

Apply ePO 4.6 patch 4.

download ePO 5.0 2. Extract it> Look for Compatibility tool to creat backup and  uncompatible products.

Once the back up is done.

copy the backdup file on new machine.

Run the same tool again browse to the bkdup file. once done, Run the Epo 5.0 installation .

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your help!

Today, I have perform the migration according to article KB71078 - How to migrate ePO 4.5 or ePO 4.6 from a 32-bit system to a 64-bit system (or to a different installation path). Everything seems to work fine, without DB restoring issues and configuration files either.

However, product deployment of EndPoint Encryption for PC and Host Intrusion Prevention is not working. Seems like machines receives Policy packages but no executables.

Any ideas?