Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macoy
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

How to manually update the McAfee Distribute repository

Hi Gurus,

Anyone who can advise me if its posible to update the McAfee Distributed Repository? So in case the Main EPO is down, if ever possible to update first the Distributed repository then my clients can still get the latest updates while I'm troubleshooting on the main server.

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to manually update the McAfee Distribute repository

You could configure a Mirror task using the VirusScan console to mirror the contents of McAfee HTTP site. This should help get the clients updated with the latest DAT.

If you check the McAfee agent-> repository policy, and check the repository list to see if you have the McAfeeHttp fallback repository enabled.

That way, if the client can't find any of your other repositories it should check the McAfee Http update site for new dats.

macoy
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

Hi Jmcleish,

Thank you for the quick response!

Yes, we have set up our fall back repositories. The thing is, If the main server is down, it cannot push down latest updates to its distributed repository. And if you check the client side, they can still can get update from the distributed repository which has outdated DAT file.

So what i'm thinking is maybe there is a way the distributed repository can still get the latest DAT update even if the Main EPO server is down and which maybe manually can be done.