cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load EPO package on to Synology NAS

Jump to solution
I swapped out a Windows Server 2008 R2 system with a Synology NAS. The NAS offers a McAfee product that is not EPO compatible (as far as I can tell). I have an EPO grant license that I'm not using and would prefer using it rather than purchasing an additional non/epo McAfee product. Has anyone successfully installed the epo client on a Synology NAS (DS918+)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to load EPO package on to Synology NAS

Jump to solution

What McAfee product is offered on the nas?  The only one I can think of is VirusScan for storage.  That can be managed via epo, you just have to have the right version that is supported on your version of epo. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

4 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

What McAfee product is offered on the nas?  The only one I can think of is VirusScan for storage.  That can be managed via epo, you just have to have the right version that is supported on your version of epo. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

The version available from the Synology Package Center is McAfee Anti Virus Version 1.4.5-2759. I cannot find that version in the EPO Master Repository. 

Reliable Contributor bodysoda
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

AFAIK NAS utlises standalone McAfee Antivirus. It's may be epo compatible. NAS av won't require license as well do be managed by synalogy.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

See this post - https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Business-General-Discussions/NAS-SYNOLOGY-Antivirus-by-McAfee/m-p/59...

Was my reply helpful?

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.