Did you mean: 
ghtr
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

How to find and update an extension

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to update from 5.3.3 to 5.10, but the PIA is saying I need to update the follwoing extension first:

Help Desk Tool MCP and DLPE 2.0.0.129
Product Improvement Program 2.1.0.431
User Directory 2.0.2.0

Can somebody please explain where I can find these extensions. I have looked in the downloads section but cant find them.

Can somebody also provide a link that explains how to perform a standard extension upgrade process as described in the following article - https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88790

many thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Re: How to find and update an extension

Jump to solution

Hi @ghtr,

Thank you for your update. If you are not using that product, corresponding extension can be removed if it is not compatible with the upgrade. That should not impact the existing products (VSE)

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

9 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

If ePO server has internet access then we can upgrade them from Software manager.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
ghtr
Level 9
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Sorry, should have mentioned the server does not have internet access

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

or else, we can download from McAfee download website. In ePO server, Menu->Software->Extension->Install extension. Point to  extension file download, click ok.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
ghtr
Level 9
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

I am looking within the downloads section

Management Solutions>McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator>EXTENSIONS

and I only see the following:

ePO Support Center Extension 5.10.0.398 Version 5.10.0.398        EXTENSION         Windows             25 Jun 2019         3.93 MB        

MVISION ePO Migration Extension Version 5.10.0.342     EXTENSION         Windows             30 Apr 2019        2.7 MB 

ProtectionWorkspace UI Version 1.0.0.975            EXTENSION         Windows             22 Apr 2019        2.22 MB              

ProtectionWorkspace UI 1.0.0.975. Copyright (C) 2018 McAfee, LLC. All rights reserved.

ProtectionWorkspace-services Version 1.0.0.954                EXTENSION         Windows             22 Apr 2019        4.52 MB               

McAfee® MVISION Cloud Bridge Version 2.0.0.290             EXTENSION         Windows             28 Mar 2019       1.22 MB               

MePO Extension 1.1.5 Version 1.1.5.107 EXTENSION         Windows             12 Mar 2019       457.82 KB

ProtectionWorkspace Version 1.0.0.934 EXTENSION         Windows             13 Feb 2019        2.18 MB              

ProtectionWorkspace-services Version 1.0.0.915                EXTENSION         Windows             13 Feb 2019        4.52 MB               

ProtectionWorkspace Services 1.0.0.915. Copyright (C) 2018 McAfee, LLC. All rights reserved.

ProtectionWorkspace Services Version 1.0.0.820                EXTENSION         Windows             05 Dec 2018        4.52 MB               

ProtectionWorkspaceUI Version 1.0.0.777             EXTENSION         Windows             05 Dec 2018        2.18 MB              

Can you be more specific?

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Help Desk Tool MCP and DLPE 2.0.0.129: Will be available under corresponding products (like MCP and DLP).

Product Improvement Program 2.1.0.431: is EOL. can be removed from extensions tab in epo.

User Directory 2.0.2.0: will be under Drive Encryption.

Was my reply helpful?

ghtr
Level 9
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Im sorry but I cant find Drive Encryption or Help Desk Tool MCP and DLPE under downlaods.

Does this mean I am now licensed for the product? We dont use McAfee Drive Encryption and Help Desk Tool MCP and DLPE.

Do we need these for Epolicy to work or are they default extensions which come with the product? We only use McAfee VSE 8.8 with ePol.

McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @ghtr,

Thank you for your update. If you are not using that product, corresponding extension can be removed if it is not compatible with the upgrade. That should not impact the existing products (VSE)

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

ghtr
Level 9
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Thank you for your asisstance

One last question regarding the upgrade. Does the default agent handler (the one on the same server as epolicy) get updated during the an upgrade from 5.3.3 to 5.10, or does it need to be manually upgraded?

many thanks

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

We need to manually upgrade Agent Handler.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community