cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable scheduled On-Demand Scan in ePo 5.6?

Jump to solution

Hi There...

I have a problem disabling scheduled scans in ePo 5.6.

I can see several Client tasks which doesn't have the option to be deleted or changed. I finally found out that I could assign the On-Demand Scan to my system and disable the scheduling. but now it seem that my system have 2 assigned policies. 1 with disabled schedule and 1 with enabled schedule. How is it possible to either delete the "built-in" on-demand scan schedule or change it's behavior? -and is it really possible that by default each system has both quick and full scan enabled at the same time? isn't that kind of counter-productive?

I hope that I'm just missing a major point here, and that disabling the on-demand scan is easy breezy.

CAT_example1.png

above is from ePO -> System Tree -> Assigned Client Tasks
where the 2 assignements i have made myself has options for edit and delte but the 2 built-in assignments doesn't have edit and delte options. what gives?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to disable scheduled On-Demand Scan in ePo 5.6?

Jump to solution

Hi Nagelfar,

Built in on demand scan cannot be disabled after creating one.

I would suggest you to create a new sub-group under my organization in the system tree and move the computer the new group.

once you have moved the computer to the new group you can have a look at the assigned client tasks which will not show the default built in - on demand scan.

Now go to client task catalog > policy based on demand scan > click on assign in either full scan or quick scan and select the new sub-group that you have created> change the scan date and timings as per your convenience and it should work.

Regards,

Sivakumar.c

13 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi Nagelfar,

Built in on demand scan cannot be disabled after creating one.

I would suggest you to create a new sub-group under my organization in the system tree and move the computer the new group.

once you have moved the computer to the new group you can have a look at the assigned client tasks which will not show the default built in - on demand scan.

Now go to client task catalog > policy based on demand scan > click on assign in either full scan or quick scan and select the new sub-group that you have created> change the scan date and timings as per your convenience and it should work.

Regards,

Sivakumar.c

Jump to solution

And also i would like to inform you that default built in does not comes with a editable option. its like parental document . Based on the default you can duplicate new one and assign to your computers.

Note: if you still have queries on ODS you can reach Tech support for better assistance

Regards,

Sivakumar.c

Re: Re: How to disable scheduled On-Demand Scan in ePo 5.6?

Jump to solution

Wow that was actually helpful

I can now see where I went wrong. It was when creating a new deployment it is defaulted to "McAfee Default Policies and Tasks" on all accounts. So when creating a new deployment I have to have the policies in order beforehand, and then I can change the assignments on the deployment.

Thank you very much for the quick reply. It was very helpful

Jump to solution

You are welcome. Its my pleasure to help you

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I have the same queston but for VSE. How do I change the date and time for On Demand Scan. 

Screenshot would be great.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 14

Jump to solution

For VSE, that would be an assigned client task.  So in the system tree, go to assigned client tasks and edit assignment on your on demand scan task.  From there, you can change the schedule.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

I have checked one of the OnDemand task assigned. Here are the option i see when I hit Edit Task

Scan locations

scan items

Exclusions

Actions

Performance

Reports

Task

I went through all those tabs. I don't see the option to change scan time and date or disable the scan

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 9 of 14

Jump to solution

Don't edit the task itself, edit assignment, which is where the scheduling is.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response. I am at Schedule, but its greyed out. I can't make changes.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community