cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable OAS from ePO for VSE

Jump to solution

HI ,

I need to know how to disable OAS from ePO for VSE. I know how for ENS. I also know how for ODS for VSE. 

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 7

Re: How to disable OAS from ePO for VSE

Jump to solution

As said above, Exclusions from scanning should be looked into. I have attached a Doc that i wrote myself, the information was pulled from McAfee , Microsoft, TechNet, and Vendor websites on recommended VSE/ENS exclusions. I have one for Linux as well.

Jump to solution

THis helps a lot for sure. can you also share the list for Linux. I appreciate that.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Sure thing. Here is the Linux Exclusion List

6 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

As a permenant or temporary setting?  It isn't recommended for long periods of time to leave it unprotected.

Go into the on access general policy for VSE and duplicate it so you don't affect all systems.

Deselect the options under enable on access scanning.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

We are not looking into disable OAS permanently.  A number of servers are showing high CPU utilization by OAS and disabling it from the endpoint wasn't working. It keeps of enabling itself eventhough we disabled self protection, OAS and  the agent from services.msc.

I will try to use your suggestion. Another person also suggested to change from Enforcing to not Enforcing from ePO.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Typical causes of high cpu usage due to mcshield scanning is lack of proper exclusions.  You can get with the ens team to assist in determining cause of that if you need it.  Not enforcing might work too, but just don't forget to revert changes when you fix issue.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

As said above, Exclusions from scanning should be looked into. I have attached a Doc that i wrote myself, the information was pulled from McAfee , Microsoft, TechNet, and Vendor websites on recommended VSE/ENS exclusions. I have one for Linux as well.

Jump to solution

THis helps a lot for sure. can you also share the list for Linux. I appreciate that.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Sure thing. Here is the Linux Exclusion List

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community