cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy ePO to offsite office?

Jump to solution

Hi, I have my ePO set up properly in my office. I would also like to install ePO in a offsite office of about 20pax with its own DC server.

What is the best way to approach this? And how do I link up my offsite ePO with my main office ePO so that I can control offsite ePO from the main office?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to deploy ePO to offsite office?

Jump to solution

I think you can use Agent Handler to do that. See attach file to understand functions and installation.

7 Replies

Jump to solution

I think you can use Agent Handler to do that. See attach file to understand functions and installation.

Jump to solution

For Agent Handler installation , I will need to install the entire ePO 4.5 installer package correct? I believe the agent handler is included within.

Any idea under which option do I need to set so that I can point the Agent handler in the offsite office to the IP address of the Main office EPO?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yes you must install entire ePO in main office and then install AH on offsite office. When you install AH you must input ip address ePO server to communicate. To install AH you can see more on ePO installation guide.

apoling
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

The Agent Handler has its own installer, and yes, within the original ePO install package. You can copy that and run it on its own. See p15 of ePO 4.5 installation manual.

During the AH installation you will be required to enter the ePO server details.

Jump to solution

thanks guys. Will try it out.

Jump to solution

Remote location with 20 clients is to small for AH. You can install SuperAgent Repository there, RSS preferably on DHCP server and that's all.

We have over 30 remote locations, some as far as Vladivostok, the biggest with 100 clients - no AH installed.

McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

With 20 clients, even a distributed repository is probably overkill... you will be replicating way more data each day than 20 machines will require. I'd simply let them update from the master (or a DR on the master site.)

HTH -

Joe

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator