cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy Agent to non-domain members with diffrent admin password?

Hi,

How to deploy the agent on 1000 Windows XP/7 systems if a systems are not member of a domain or a specific workgroup. Also they don't have the same password for account administrator. The users that are working on workstations have Power user (lees than administrator) privileges.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
apoling
Level 14

Re: How to deploy Agent to non-domain members with diffrent admin password?

Hi,

my first idea would be to put the agent installer on an internal website (company intranet) so users can connect to that site and launch the file as an application.

Attila

0 Kudos

My idea is also the same, but how to push on users that all of them will do this.? :-)

Also, can they istall the package if they don't have Admin privileges?

0 Kudos
apoling
Level 14

Another idea is to add an entry to the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce key so user next time login to the computer this command is executed (one time). The entry could point to a fileshare and there to the FramePkg.Exe.

This way not any user could avoid installation and rights would not be a problem.

Adding an entry is another problem I did not find any workaround for that

0 Kudos

What about to write a script that will be able to read the passwords from the list for each workstation separately and then install the clients with these privileges.

0 Kudos

Did anyone already try this?

0 Kudos
apoling
Level 14

I'd recommend using your script to create the RunOnce key which happens in seconds in the case of each WS and then when they restart they could download the agent by themlseves (whenever it happens) and run with admin privileges derived from the RunOnce key method.

You can setup an anonymous fileshare for containing the agent installer. This way you won't burden the network with 1000x 4-5 MBs from a central location.

0 Kudos