cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to create an unattended installation of ePo 5.1??

It is a part of the design.

I have multiple domains with no trust and no connactivity between them.

Message was edited by: ron.wintrob on 1/21/14 1:09:55 AM CST
rackroyd
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 23

Having no trusts may not actually be a blocking consideration though.

For example agents only need http/https access to communicate once installed.

For port requirements see:

KB66797 - Ports needed by ePO 4.x and ePO 5.0 for communication through a firewall.

Ok, you may not be able to push agents agents directly without a trust, but there are several other ways to deploy agents.

I guess the main issue would be in the use of user-based policies and/or AD synch, neither of those would work but again these may not be blockers for you.

I agree that if these domains are truly completely unconnected (air-gapped) and need ePO management then you truly have no alternative.

rackroyd
Level 16
Message 13 of 23

Apologies, you've lost me there. Which tool ?

These are all default functions of ePO, if that is what you mean and are covered in the product guide.

Otherwise KB articles are found on the Knowledge base here through the service portal link:

https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/Default.aspx

rackroyd
Level 16
Message 14 of 23

Looks like the forum threading got a little mixed up, ignore me please

So I have made it this far:

.\setup.exe /qr /l* C:\@inf\McAfee_ePO.log MFSDATABASEUSERNAME_UE=user1 MFSADMINPASSWORD_UE=Supersecret1 MFSADMINUSERNAME_UE=user1 MFSDATABASEPASSWORD_UE=Supersecret1 MFSADMINVERIFYPASSWORD_UE=Iseoptions1 MFSDATABASENAME=epo_ MFSDATABASEPASSWORD=Supersecret1 MFSDATABASEPORT=1434 MFSDATABASESERVERNAME="SRV-AV01\EPOSERVER" MFSDATABASEUSERNAME=user1 MFSDATABASEDOMAIN=inf MFSADMINUSERNAME=admin MFSADMINPASSWORD=Supersecret1 MFSADMINVERIFYPASSWORD=Supersecret1 MFSKEYSTOREPASSWORD=Supersecret1 MFSVERIFYKEYSTOREPASSWORD=Supersecret1 LICENSEKEY="Omitted so you can't take my key!" MFSKEYSTOREPASSWORD_UE=Supersecret1 AgreeToLicense="Yes" ENABLEAUTOPRODINST=0 ENABLETELEMETRY=0

But it doesn't work.  Can't figure out why.  This When I use /qr the services cannot start properly.  If I remove it, and run interactively it works...

What am I possibly missing?

Tech Support has no idea how to do unattended installs.  I don't know why they cannot support their own product.

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 23

Support can't really help you because what you are asking is not something the product was designed to support - installing epo is an infrequent (for most companies one time) event - it's not designed to be customer scripted.

Take a look at EASI though - that may help you.

This is very unfortunate.  By not providing a means to install epo in an automated fashion is a fail in today's devops driven approach to managing infrastructure.

I don't understand why this cannot be the case, as the install is using msi wrapped in an installshield setup.exe. Installshield would have supported iss file generation, and/or the msi should support unattend installations.

There should be a hands off approah to installing epo, and if there isn't a functional approach, I consider this to be a bug in the setup installation. The frequency of installing epo, should not be tied to the capability of installing without human intervention or using a deployment tool like System Center, Altiris or Puppet.

The fact that I can pass all those variables to the installer and it picks them up, implies that it should work, however something is either missing or broken in the installer as it completes without the quiet switch.   I have tried adding the values for all the ports during the installer, but to no avail.   One thing I did notice is that the tomcatshutdown port defaults to 8005, but on my 2008/2012 systems gets installed as 9000. 

Unfortunately...  there is nothing modern about this product.  If it's going to happen, we'll have to figure it out ourselves.   I'm plugging away at this myself.  I'll update if I come up with a good solution.  

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 19 of 23

Well, I did find something that might help.  Please note, this is not official, so please test to see if it is what you are looking for.

Setup.exe /qn MFSADMINUSERNAME_UE=admin MFSADMINPASSWORD_UE=EPO_PASSWORDMFSADMINVERIFYPASSWORD_UE=EPO_PASSWORD MFSDATABASESERVERNAME=<SQL_Server_Name> MFSDATABASEPORT=1433 MFSDATABASENAME=EPODB MFSDATABASEUSERNAME_UE=sa MFSDATABASEPASSWORD_UE=SQL_PASSWORD AGENTPORT=80 AGENTSECUREPORT=443 TOMCATSECUREPORT=8443 MFSDATABASEAUTHENTICATION=2 SQLUDPPORTISENABLED=0 IGNOREPROPINI=1 LICENSEKEY=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX MFSKEYSTOREPASSWORD_UE=KEY_PASSWORD MFSVERIFYKEYSTOREPASSWORD=KEY_PASSWORDENABLETELEMETRY=0 ENABLEFIPSMODE=0 SKIPAUTOPRODINST=0

or for Agent Handlers:

Setup.exe /qn EPO_SERVER=<ePO_Server_Name> EPO_PORT=8443 MFSADMINUSERNAME_UE=admin MFSADMINPASSWORD_UE=EPO_PASSWORD SQL_SERVER=<SQL_Server_Name> SQL_PORT=1433 SQL_DATABASE=EPODB SQL_USER=sa SQL_PASSWORD=SQL_PASSWORD

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Hello,

The above post seems to authenticating with SA and erroring with our DB and it needs AD, what parameters should I be using. 

Tags (2)
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center