cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bStein
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 16

Re: How to create a custom query to show license status by machine or for a specific machine?

Ok thanks. I'll try to extract the information I need from the default queries and I'll see if I can get the extension installed. Is the extension an absolute necessity or is it just something that will have queries built in that I can read and extract from? I'm a service consumer so I'd have to convince someone else to install this extension.

Is there a way I can open this question to the community, or should I recreate this question in another forum subsection?

Can I ask you the meaning of certain returns from default targets? For example if I request:

https://127.0.0.1:1457/remote/core.executeQuery?target=EPOAssignedPolicy

I get something like:

Computer Name: AUTO-WIN12-EPO
Assigned User Name:  
Policy: 12
Policy Settings Up-To-Date: true
Policy Notes: 
Product: EPOAGENTMETA
Source Server: EPOLAB02
Edit Status: 0
Policy Assignment Origin: tree

I have several records returned like this, all differing in the Policy field.  Do you know what this is?  I want to believe it is something that indicates the policy level, but the numeric value seems to indicate something else.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 16

Re: How to create a custom query to show license status by machine or for a specific machine?

For the licensing report, you need to check in that extension, as it adds query parameters.  

For the policy field, that looks like a policy id number.  If you go into epo, there is a default query named "applied policies by policy name".  See if that gets you what you want.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

bStein
Level 8
Message 13 of 16

Thanks for this insight and sorry to get back to you so late.  Looking at the the applied by policy by name query (21), I only see the policy id and a count of how many times it has been used.  How can I determine what system has what policy?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 16

There is a default query in epo for applied policies.  You can run that one.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

bStein
Level 8
Message 15 of 16

Thanks for your continued support in this.

When I look at remote/core.executeQuery?queryId=20 which is Applied Policies for McAfee Agent, I see records like the following:

count: 17
Product: EPOAGENTMETA
Category: 3

When I look at remote/core.executeQuery?queryId=21 which is Applied Policies by Policy Name, I see records like the following:

count: 1
Policy: 128

I want to be able to get the information like so:

Computer Name: RFERNANDEZEPO83
Policy Level: Default (or High, Relaxed, etc)
Policy Last Updated:  12/08/2019 03:00:00
Product: HOSTIPS_8000_GEN (or VIRUSCAN8800)

I know there may not be a single query that gets all this information, but any equivalent set of queries to get this information would work for me.  I just don't know where/how to get it out of the Web API.  In Applied Policies for McAfee Agent from above, is Category what I'm referring to as 'Policy Level' (is 3 default)?

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 16

Hi bStein,

The below sql query may be helpful to show you what tables it is pulling from database.  Below query in ePO will show you which machine has how many policy assigned. You can use this information to pull required data via WebAPI command.

select count(*) as 'count', [EPOAssignedPolicy].[NodeName], [EPOAssignedPolicy].[NodeName] from [EPOAssignedPolicy] group by [EPOAssignedPolicy].[NodeName] order by 'count' desc, [EPOAssignedPolicy].[NodeName] asc

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Want to Ask a Question?

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community