cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SergeM
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

How to copy VSE 8.5i policies to VSE 8.7i policies in ePO ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm managing an ePO 4.0 server.  Presently, we're using MA 4 and VSE 8.5i on our systems.

I'm setting-up a test group for VSE 8.7i, so I've loaded VSE 8.7i on the server in the Software pannel and I'd be ready to distribute it to our test systems.

Except that we don't have 8.7 policies ready yet.

I'm sure I read "somewhere" about a 8.5-to-8.7 Policy Converter or something but I can't find it.  When I installed the VSE 8.7i software on the server I saw an executable named ePO Policy Migration, so I ran it but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

Anyone got any suggestions ?

thanks

Serge

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to copy VSE 8.5i policies to VSE 8.7i policies in ePO ?

Jump to solution

That tool is the correct on for migrating the policies and can only be run once, it also has no GUI at all, just runs.

Do you mean you have no policies at all for 8.7? ( in which case check in the epo 4 vse 8.7 extension - use the one contained within this article https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB67452 not the resposted vse87sp2 one) or they have just not updated with the same settings as 8.5?

NB also for windows seven support you may need to update some sql scripts that add in the ability for the tasks and policies to enforce on them

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

That tool is the correct on for migrating the policies and can only be run once, it also has no GUI at all, just runs.

Do you mean you have no policies at all for 8.7? ( in which case check in the epo 4 vse 8.7 extension - use the one contained within this article https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB67452 not the resposted vse87sp2 one) or they have just not updated with the same settings as 8.5?

NB also for windows seven support you may need to update some sql scripts that add in the ability for the tasks and policies to enforce on them

View solution in original post

SergeM
Level 9
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot !

I had only the default VSE 8.7 policy that came/comes with the extension. None of _our_ policies had been migrated.

Now it seems to work.

(I'm a bit confused because I expected that it'd change the name of the policies to show they were migrated ones as it apparently did in ePO 3.6 for the DFW-HIPS migration. But that's really minor.)

again thanks

Serge

PS: I have the 8.7.0.171 extensions, not the 8.7.0.174. Is this "important" ? Should I get the 8.7.0.174 extension ?

Message was edited by: SergeM on 11/27/09 3:33 AM
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Dear Serge,

please keep the extension 8.7.0.171 or migrate directly to the latest version available in the download section or per kb: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB67452&actp=search&searchid=1259368058371

Also please avoid the extensions 8.7.0.174 as per KB above ...

Thanks,

Rene

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community