Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erni
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

How to check if disk was encrypted on user computer

Hi All,

I got a question how to check if HDD was encrypted ?

Where I work we have to tell users that they have to be loged and be online for 5h. But many times users are calling and asking if encryption is finished. I am not asking where to check in ePo but on user computer. I checked many logs but there I couldn't find any information that is sayin that disc encrypted. Many times users say that he was waiting for 5h and when he restarts computer he is getting message error unknown user. If I provided not enaught information please let me know.

Regards,

Erni

Message was edited by: erni on 12/16/13 2:35:34 PM CST
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to check if disk was encrypted on user computer

Moved provisionally to ePO for better support.

Click on McAfee icon on user's computer and select Quick Settings > Show Endpoint Encryption status

erni
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

I checked there to but there is no information saing that encryption has been finished. There are just information that something started, that it is getting policies. If there should be such entry which one is it ?

It states that tne endpoint encryption agent is starting to enforce the policy. The messages will be different after it communicates back to ePO. The last message that it will have is "Policy enforcement has completed" and there will be a percentage status of encryption state. Below image will show you that encryption is activated on client machine.

Encrypted.JPG

Message was edited by: romardy on 12/18/13 5:00:46 PM CST