Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
leo99
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

How to bypass EPO 5.3.x in order to write to USB

I want   to know   how to bypass EPO 5.3.x policy in order to write to USB (unencrypted) ?

Why?  It is a company laptop that was lost and found.  Do not want to risk infecting our network with malware by connecting to network (to have a policy pushed to allow writing to USB unencrypted).

On a  related note, we are using McAfee Removable Media Protection v 4.3.1.138.

I want to forensically image the laptop by logging in with the Local Admin and attach a usb drive to write an unencrypted forensic image.  I want to do this without connecting to our network and EPO.

Is there a way to do this?  Can McAfee provide a work-around for this legitimate purpose?

Thanks,

2 Replies

Re: How to bypass EPO 5.3.x in order to write to USB

I would just uninstall the Agent so you can probably make the changes in your end product, the command line switches works fine in v5.0.x

1. Run the frminst.exe /forceuninstall command:
  1. Click Start, Run, and type one of the following commands:
    "c:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall
    "c:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall

NOTE: The path will vary depending on the version and whether you installed McAfee Agent as an upgrade or clean installation. Use Windows Explorer to determine the correct path.
  2. Restart the system to remove McAfee Agent processes from memory and complete the deletion of files.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=kb65863

Re: How to bypass EPO 5.3.x in order to write to USB

Hello,

if the Notebok is one of YOUR Company Notebooks why bothering in "how can I bypass a legitimate security measurement" when you just could ask your security department in taking over the case or at least for help?

Mfg

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community