cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itsec_athena
Level 7

How to block non-work related sites like facebook, youtube, external email such as yahoo mail, gmail, hotmail?

Hi,

Can ePO 4.5 help in blocking non-work related sites like facebook, youtube, external email such as yahoo mail, gmail, hotmail, etc? If yes, can kindly provide step-by-step guide on how to do that?

If not, please advise what McAfee product can help with this and how to configure it? We also have HIPS 7.0, Products Coverage Reports 4.5, Site Advisor Enterprise 3.5, VSE 8.7, Antispyware 8.7.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
georgec
Level 13

Re: How to block non-work related sites like facebook, youtube, external email such as yahoo mail, gmail, hotmail?

Site Advisor is the only component fromt the ones listed by you that could do this, but you'll need the URL filtering license which I don't belive is in you commercial package (you've currently got risk based blocking, right?). The problem with it is that it works at the application level with a limited set of browsers. How you use the product is documented in the product guide.

George

0 Kudos
redbeardrc
Level 9

Re: How to block non-work related sites like facebook, youtube, external email such as yahoo mail, gmail, hotmail?

HIPS will work a lot better than SiteAdvisor for the reasons given above. Simply create IP and / or Domain blocking rules in the firewall section of HIPS. I do this all the time and the end users hate me.

0 Kudos
ederlezi
Level 7

Get a proxy ! i mean there's dedicated product for that. McAfee got one, there's also some gnu/gpl.

0 Kudos