cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkaipa
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

How to add system properties for a given system in the tree?

Jump to solution

How to add/update the system properties like "Managed State", "IP Address" and "Username" for a given system in the system tree through the web api. I would not be able to use the python client.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee YashT
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Re: How to add system properties for a given system in the tree?

Jump to solution

Hello @jkaipa 

The managed state , IP , username, computer name are all system properties which is combined in one single package and then sent to epo from McAfee Agent.

It is not possible to make changes to any of this properties from EPO or MA, the only option to make the changes is to do it on physical system.

McAfee Agent will get to know that the system properties is changed and will send the updated details to EPO at its next communication interval(ASCI) and that will be updated in system tree. To send the updated details immediately you need to click on collect and sent props from agent status monitor.

I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
4 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Those fields are updated by the agent when the client sends in its properties to epo.  They are not something that is meant to be updated manually, as they will be overwritten at next asci from the client.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee YashT
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello @jkaipa 

The managed state , IP , username, computer name are all system properties which is combined in one single package and then sent to epo from McAfee Agent.

It is not possible to make changes to any of this properties from EPO or MA, the only option to make the changes is to do it on physical system.

McAfee Agent will get to know that the system properties is changed and will send the updated details to EPO at its next communication interval(ASCI) and that will be updated in system tree. To send the updated details immediately you need to click on collect and sent props from agent status monitor.

I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
jkaipa
Level 9
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response.

I have added a system to the system tree using web api https://<host>:8443/remote/system.importSystem?names=GKAIPA101&branchNodeID=7

Somehow, the properties are not getting pulled from the agent. Is there a reference to the workflow that I can use to debug the issue?

Thank you

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

KB90603 walks you through troubleshooting agent-server communication failures.  Basically, the masvc log on the client will show you whether communication succeeded or failed and whether it talked to an agent handler (if there are any) or epo server.  The server log of whichever server it tried to talk to will either show a failure, or the agent was never able to even reach it.  There are many causes for failure, so you need to search the logs. 

Client logs:

c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs

server logs:

epo install directory\db\logs

agent handler logs - same folder as epo server, there is just a slightly different install path.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community