cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Stop Deployment of Patch16

Hello

I would like to stop the Patch 16 to installed on few set of servers, for that i have modified the Update task and deselected the option 'VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.0' under 'Patches and Service Packs'

Also I checked the task's ini files and the changes seems to be reflected in that as well (see below), but still the patch 16 which is availble in master repository is getting installed on the server.

[SelectedUpdates]
NumOfUpdates=2
UpdateAll=0
Update_1=VSCANDAT1000
Update_2=VSCANENG1000
Update_3=
[SelectedUpdates\]
Update=1
[SelectedUpdates\VSCANDAT1000]
Update=1
[SelectedUpdates\VSCANENG1000]
Update=1
[Settings]

Is anything I am missing here or doing wrong?
7 Replies

RE: How to Stop Deployment of Patch16

Perhaps you have global update enabled on your ePO server.

If you have an ePO 4.0 you can disable it from Config->Server config>Global Update

Nope...The global update is disabled

Anything else i can check ???

You can also have a look at your deployment/update task and check that VSE patches are not checked

Thanks for the reply..but thats already checked and that options are not selected in those tasks. I have also provided few line from .ini files in my first post.

Well I don't know what may happen with this patch, if you are using ePO 4.0 yan can change patch 16's branch to evaluation and it won't deploy it automatically
pg13
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 8

Make sure the agent got those new settings by doing a wake-up call.

The agent wake call is successfull and i can see the changes in task's ini files on the servers which says not to install patch for virus scan

BUT its getting installed :mad: