cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How many concurrent connections can a Distributed Repository handle?

And how and where can I monitor this?

I'm trying to see if one of the ePO environments I've inherited is set up "best practice". No one is complaining yet of failed DAT updates or anything like that but as this environment expands I want to be able to know when I need to add another Distributed Repository.

Thanks!

cupajotogo

3 Replies
Tristan
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: How many concurrent connections can a Distributed Repository handle?

Depends on the type of distributed repository you're using? HTTP, FTP or UNC.

There are others ways to mitigate excesive server loads as well. Add randomization into the timings of the client update tasks so that you don't get every client hitting the server at the same time.

Hi Tristan, you're absolutely right. Didn't think of that. These are mostly UNC. I am actually familiar with the different ways to distribute the load (bandwidth, CPU, etc...). I just want to be able to take inventory of the concurrent connections on my DRs to see if I need to distribute things differently.

Thanks!

cupajotogo

meforum
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

this woul be an interessting information ... I guess it depends on the server/OS? Same info would be usefull for how many connections ePO can handle ... any ideas / KBs?

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.